I began this blog as a way to redefine, or perhaps rediscover, the beauty of ME after losing all my hair to alopecia universalis over 5 years ago. Join me in the movement to see ourselves and our world through a lens not offered by our culture.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Talent Redefined--Rodrigo y Gabriela

I'm sure many of you have heard of or seen this guitar duo. If you haven't, then you are about to be blown away by the speed of their hands. I love watching them, but sometimes I get a little pain in my wrist, as if mine were the one strumming so furiously. It's hard to watch them and not get at least a little fatigued.

I know they have gotten a lot of media play in the past couple of years, but I still think we need to see more of them. In general, I'd like to see more of people actually playing instruments to their full potential. And Rodrigo and Gabriela know how to make their guitars turn into different instruments. There's just no way to explain what happens to a guitar when it is loved so much. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Her guitar is also a drum and many other percussion instruments .... they show their past commitment of practice time - not just anyone can do that.... I had a guitar, I know! hahaha

    ReplyDelete