I began this blog as a way to redefine, or perhaps rediscover, the beauty of ME after losing all my hair to alopecia universalis over 5 years ago. Join me in the movement to see ourselves and our world through a lens not offered by our culture.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Talent Redefined

I heard this singer-songwriter on NPR one day, and her song was so lovely I knew I had found someone interesting to follow. I know this genre won't appeal to everyone, but she actually has a pretty varied repertoire. Some songs sound folksy, some sound more indie rock. I also like her lyrics--I have lately appreciated any writer who can come up with lyrics that speak to thoughts I've actually had in my own head, rather than impossibly sexy propositions and repetitive calls for club dance moves. So here she is: Laura Veirs. Not the face you will ever see getting 16 million hits on YouTube, but very cute and real. Enjoy.

1 comment: