I began this blog as a way to redefine, or perhaps rediscover, the beauty of ME after losing all my hair to alopecia universalis over 5 years ago. Join me in the movement to see ourselves and our world through a lens not offered by our culture.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Talent Redefined--The Classy Boy Group

Boy Bands. What a brilliant marketing strategy it was to take the concept of actually playing an instrument out of the word "band" and find pretty boys to dance in sync (yeah, I just went there) on stage instead. Now, I grew up with New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC--all of which provided a light-hearted soundtrack for my childhood and adolescence.

But...if I had to choose a "boy band" for my daughter to follow, I would choose the fine young gentlemen of Il Volo. I don't know if any of these boys play instruments or not, so I will refer to them as a "group"--a classy boy group. I heard them on NPR today and had to come home and Google them--and I was shocked by how young they are! Their voices conjured images of thirty-year-old men, when really they are not out of teen years yet. Speaking of teens, I wonder if these boys were ever teased about the type of music they sang.

At any rate, I definitely think these guys deserve to be on my "Talent Redefined" list, not only for the quality of their voices and heavenly harmonies, but because they know what "class" means on stage.

1 comment:

  1. I was especially surprised by the young fella with glasses... he had the deepest richest voice... WOW I loved this music! Must have for my rides in the car.... yes, I agree!

    ReplyDelete