I began this blog as a way to redefine, or perhaps rediscover, the beauty of ME after losing all my hair to alopecia universalis over 5 years ago. Join me in the movement to see ourselves and our world through a lens not offered by our culture.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Beautiful You

"Beautiful You", by Jonny Diaz

I heard this song today on, yes, the Christian radio station. I found the video (watch it here--I was especially intrigued by the photo touch-up process shown in the video) and I knew I had to post it. I will let it speak for itself--just remember, the beauty we see is always coming to us through a filter--either our own insecurities, the media's agenda, or actual technological filters that attempt to wipe away imperfections.

1 comment:

  1. That's really interesting, sis. Thanks for posting! I want to see a magazine out there someday that, even just for one issue, photoshops NOTHING. We see real beauty throughout. Wouldn't that be neat?

    ReplyDelete