I began this blog as a way to redefine, or perhaps rediscover, the beauty of ME after losing all my hair to alopecia universalis over 5 years ago. Join me in the movement to see ourselves and our world through a lens not offered by our culture.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Dawn

A sister's reflection--

extension,

model and metaphor,

connection

and grace--

the beauty

in this family line

redefined.

She is

the calm I seek,

the smile

that's true,

the truth about love.




My sister is strong, generous to the point of sacrifice, compassionate to great and small, bursting with talent so preciously guarded it has yet to find a worthy stage.

She loves me in all my unloveliness.

Her eyes are silver like a winter sea. Her smile is catchy, drawing you in like a clever jingle without losing the integrity of the heart behind it.

She is a giver. Her gift is finding the perfect one.

And today is her birthday. Drawing to a close now, I offer these thoughts as my humble portrait of her beauty on the day we celebrate her life among us.

Happy Birthday Dawny! I love you.

Do you have a sister? What poetic lines might she inspire you to write? How is her beauty?





(Photos by, of, or about my sister.)

1 comment:

  1. Momma is all choked up... I see all that is in One also in the other! I'm very blessed to have these two beautiful women to call "My Daughters".

    ReplyDelete