I began this blog as a way to redefine, or perhaps rediscover, the beauty of ME after losing all my hair to alopecia universalis over 5 years ago. Join me in the movement to see ourselves and our world through a lens not offered by our culture.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Short odes to Purple

Personally, I think a blog about beauty MUST include a post about the color purple. So here's mine.


If my soul had a color
it would be purple.
Childish, yet deep and alluring.



The place I escape to,
the only place I melt into
and stop the world from spinning,
is purple and hazy.




A face with purple accents
speaks of inner beauty
and mystery,
a quiet love for adventure,
a romantic imagination.

Purple on a woman is
endless.



Purple on the road
is a portal
to the place where you will love
completely
and be loved
deeply.

A purple sky is
an invitation to magic.



I need purple in my home,
my soft place to fall into.
I need purple to wear,
bringing romance with me.
I need purple to gaze at me
with the promise of more.

God gave me purple.


Purple, you will be my color this fall.

2 comments:

  1. This was so beautiful. Purple is my favorite color and I just love how you put into words how you connect with this color. Purple is soul deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that term, "soul deep". Nice. :)

      Delete