I began this blog as a way to redefine, or perhaps rediscover, the beauty of ME after losing all my hair to alopecia universalis over 5 years ago. Join me in the movement to see ourselves and our world through a lens not offered by our culture.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Transformations

I have been obsessed with aging. I see every new wrinkle as it comes in. I sit and think about what my bald head will look like when I'm 70 years old. And, lately, I have been trying out these photo-aging programs online.

Here's a fun one: The St. Andrews Face Transformer.
Totally hilarious. Not only can I see myself as I might appear years from now, I can also see myself as a West Asian, a half-chimp, or even a man!

Here is the photo I used as the control:

Here's me as an "older adult":


Afro-Caribbean me:

Get ready to be freaked out--here I am as a man in drag:

It's a fine line, right?! (Some of you will never be able to look at me the same way again...)


Okay, so getting really brave I tried it with this photo:

Sadly, the transformer didn't know what to do with my bald head. But I'm still pretty happy with the results...

Older me:

East Asian me:

Monkey me:


Try the site out--it's a hoot! And it will make you appreciate your own fine features that much more when you're done. :)



1 comment:

  1. what fun.... what I can't believe is the older woman I see NOW when looking at pictures. It just happens and we just accept it. I liked many of your looks!

    ReplyDelete