I began this blog as a way to redefine, or perhaps rediscover, the beauty of ME after losing all my hair to alopecia universalis over 5 years ago. Join me in the movement to see ourselves and our world through a lens not offered by our culture.

Friday, June 28, 2013

The 10-Day Redefining Challenge--Day 10

Last day of the challenge. How was it for you?

Today's challenge is to repeat this mantra: Everyone sees me, and no one is looking at me.

Assume that everyone takes notice of you. You are not invisible, you are not unappreciated. You have made an impression, however brief, on everyone in your path. People notice the colors you chose, the way you carry yourself, and the confidence you exude.

Also assume that no one is looking at the details you fret over all day. People see you as a whole package, not as the sum of the many flawed parts you tend to focus on. No one is scrutinizing you the way you do yourself.

I hope these daily challenges have helped you to at least acknowledge some of the hangups we all face every day as we go out into a world dominated by narrow definitions of beauty. Repeat them as needed.

You are beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Fun challenge, thank you for doing it. Do you feel it helped you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on this! I am sure all those that read, and all those who shared by talking to others, have been made aware of how great it is to be "YOU",,,, the whole you.

    thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think it helped me. I cheated on some of them, but the ideas are in my head now. It's a long, slow work in progress.

    ReplyDelete