I began this blog as a way to redefine, or perhaps rediscover, the beauty of ME after losing all my hair to alopecia universalis over 5 years ago. Join me in the movement to see ourselves and our world through a lens not offered by our culture.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Poet, Redefined



Some poems I jotted down today at lunch. Enjoy.


"my gift"

creators
would be nothing
without admiration.
I am that
admirer, never
creating, always
appreciating.

---------------------------------------------------------------
"untitled"

I don't have much--
--but I have my eyes.
And if that's enough,
If eyes that see beauty
   and call it as such
are even a touch of
   what the world needs,

then I give you
                      me.

-------------------------------------------------------------
"Wrong"

I chose the wrong restaurant today.
And when the time came I had no urge to pay
for such false advertising and terrible food.
It really soured my mood.

I chose the wrong parking spot last night.
And when the time came my car put up a fight
and got stuck, just like my lover and I.
Boy, did that make me cry.

I choose the wrong thing all the time.
And when it's all over I'm left with a rhyme
that's witty and honest and never too long.

Sometimes it's fine to be wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so full of thought with simple words.... I love them! - - MOM

    ReplyDelete