I began this blog as a way to redefine, or perhaps rediscover, the beauty of ME after losing all my hair to alopecia universalis over 5 years ago. Join me in the movement to see ourselves and our world through a lens not offered by our culture.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

For anyone who's interested...

I found a new way to tie my long pashmina scarves! These had really been a problem lately because the huge knots were causing me to stick my head forward just a bit and get neck aches. Without the knot, the weight of the long fabric hanging down my back was no better. But pashminas are so warm.

So today I finally got it. I took a scrunchie and balled up a section in the back, letting the rest hang down. It looked like this from the back:


And like this from the front: 

I think I like this scarf style because it looks like I have long hair hanging down.

So why am I writing about this? Well, I'm hoping to give someone with alopecia a new idea for how to wear a head covering. I guess I'm also just keeping a record of the steps on my journey. At this point, I'm completely bored with alopecia. I'm tired of scarves, but I can't do wigs on a daily basis. So figuring out this new tie is a bright spot. I felt pretty today, and I haven't felt pretty in awhile.

The point--often a very small change can make a big difference.

3 comments:

  1. A simple change for a lasting effect! Love the way you look with it tied that way. I admire you sweet girl. I know it has to be tough for you. However, Wendy your beauty is so much more than outword looks. You have a beauty that radiates from inside out. A smile that melts hearts. A deep caring spirit for those in need. God has amazing things planned for you. Follow His lead and you can't, go wrong .
    I love you very much. Ms.Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it any better! This is a smart, practical, and lovely idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ms Ruth (so glad my girls have her in their life). I also wanted to interject "Personal Makeup Tatooing"... I've met a few women who had eye brows and liner done, one said even her lips outlined. They all love it. I bet you could find someone certified in Chicago for sure. Check it out and know that mama will help!! Love you, Beautiful Wendy.

    ReplyDelete